Instructions for Pre and Post Cupping
- Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than your appointment to fill out forms giving us your medical history. Please be sure to include any ongoing illness including signs of active infection such as cough, colds, fevers, or chills.
- Please inform us if you have any issues with loss of consciousness or fainting with blood as this may significantly impact your care.
- Please inform us if you are on blood thinners including aspirin as well as taking any antibiotics.
- Please inform us if you have any allergies including allergies to alcohol, iodine, or latex.
- On the day of cupping,
- Please drink plenty of fluids and electrolytes (i.e.gatorade, powerade, coconut water.)
- Avoid any food for 4 hours prior to cupping.
- Refrain from intense physical activity prior to cupping.
- Take a warm bath or hot shower prior to your appointment.
- As with any procedure, please speak with your health care provider if you have any medical conditions prior to undergoing cupping.
- Please stay active for the next 4 hours after cupping to promote blood circulation. If you have feel light headed or dizzy, immediately lay down to avoid injuring yourself.
- Continue adequate hydration with fluids and electrolytes (i.e. gatorade, powerade, coconut water). Have a light meal within an hour after your procedure.
- You may take a shower the same day as the procedure, but avoid baths, hot tubs, or pools for 2 days after the procedure.
- Bruising from cupping will heal typically within 7 to 10 days. Avoid irritating the area with harsh chemical or scratching. Please change any bandages daily to keep the area clean and free from infection.